Sidecar's Dislocated Dreams

Outdoor Adventures, Comfort food, Bourbon, Country Music and Urban Rants.

Friday, March 31, 2006

State Line



Working so hard all year, I have had little time to get outside on weekends. I've been finding myself having to catch up with work on weeknights and weekends since the beginning of February. Enough is a enough! The weather broke for the better this week and for a change I'm pretty well caught up at the office, so I bailed from work today and headed for the AT. These days H cannot get out there, being the beautiful seven months along that she is. Next time she puts her boots on I'll have a baby on my back instead of the pack!! Today I knocked off the State Line and finished this section of the AT, so now I have completed from the Hudson River to Mashipacong Shelter. This trip was a repeater starting at Warwick Turnpike and going until I met the place we turned back some many months ago on a day hike south from Rt. 17A. All in all today's shot was 14 miles done in 7 hours. Should not have been too rough, but I really hurt!! Have not gone to the gym since January and have been pretty much the sloth. I need to take advantage of the momentum now and exercise like silly because A & I are going to wrap up NJ and do a three-day backpack through the Kittatinnies to the Delaware Water Gap. I'm told A has been training. He's gonna smoke me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visit No Depression