Sidecar's Dislocated Dreams

Outdoor Adventures, Comfort food, Bourbon, Country Music and Urban Rants.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Little Hiker



Today I got a letter and the Hummel figurine pictured above from my cousins J & D. What fantastic people they are! So thoughtful and good to us. J sends us articles about area hiking trails almost every week and we love to see them. But this letter in particular really touched us and so much so I had to post it here.

Dear H & M. What wonderful news! You know all three of you are in our thoughts and prayers always. Many months ago I decided to sell some of my Hummel figures, ones that didn't have too much special meaning. I've had these since we were first married, so a lot of them were very special. One that I didn't remember buying or receiving as a gift for anything special was the one that is enclosed and as I was sorting them I immediately put it aside to send to you guys, as its title is "the little hiker." Needless to say I never got around to sending it, and now I know that it was meant for me not to send it back then because now I know that it has that special meaning I was speaking of--the announcement of the coming of your own "little hiker." So here it is and D & I both hope that it will be special for you too and you think of us when you look at it and your little hiker.

Thanks, J&D! This is so special to us. When your Hummel figurine sits in our little one's room and when were in the woods with Coco, we will tell the story about where it came from and how special you are to us.

Just in case we haven't told the rest of you yet (especially if you live in Georgia! Sorry, y'all, I'm holding out to surprise you in person when we can meet up again!) but the code word for our coming baby is "Coco." A few months ago we were reading one of those baby books and at that time the book said the baby was the size of a cocoa bean; hence code name Coco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Visit No Depression